problem connecting to database

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

problem connecting to database

Alexander Linkenbach

Hi

I have changed from sqlite mysql with digikam 5.5.0 which went well on machine #1. However on two other computers digkam does not seem to send the set user name when trying to connect:

 

digikam.general: Database Parameters:
  Type:                     "QMYSQL"
  DB Core Name:             "digikam"
  DB Thumbs Name:           "digikam"
  DB Face Name:             "digikam"
  Connect Options:          ""
  Host Name:                "localhost"
  Host port:                3306
  Internal Server:          false
  Internal Server Path:     ""
  Internal Server Serv Cmd: ""
  Internal Server Init Cmd: ""
  Username:                 "alex"
  Password:                 ""

digikam.dbengine: Error while opening the database. Error details [ QSqlError("1044", "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'digikam'") ]

 

please note the user name is empty no matter what I set in the digikam settings.

 

Can anyone explain this?

 

Alex


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: problem connecting to database

Gilles Caulier-4
your server run properly on server ?

your server port is open the network ?

You have enough right to read DB tables ?

We have explain a lots of details here :

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-setup.html#using-setup-database

Gilles Caulier

2017-05-25 19:29 GMT+02:00 Alexander Linkenbach <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> I have changed from sqlite mysql with digikam 5.5.0 which went well on
> machine #1. However on two other computers digkam does not seem to send the
> set user name when trying to connect:
>
>
>
> digikam.general: Database Parameters:
>   Type:                     "QMYSQL"
>   DB Core Name:             "digikam"
>   DB Thumbs Name:           "digikam"
>   DB Face Name:             "digikam"
>   Connect Options:          ""
>   Host Name:                "localhost"
>   Host port:                3306
>   Internal Server:          false
>   Internal Server Path:     ""
>   Internal Server Serv Cmd: ""
>   Internal Server Init Cmd: ""
>   Username:                 "alex"
>   Password:                 ""
>
> digikam.dbengine: Error while opening the database. Error details [
> QSqlError("1044", "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Access denied for user
> ''@'localhost' to database 'digikam'") ]
>
>
>
> please note the user name is empty no matter what I set in the digikam
> settings.
>
>
>
> Can anyone explain this?
>
>
>
> Alex
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: problem connecting to database

Alexander Linkenbach
Thanks for your reply, Giles,

Well, the settings are all the same as on the first machine. Checking with
mysql-workbench I can see that all is set up correctly and the server is
running; I used exactly the same commands on all three computers, the ones
provided in the setup dialogue once the host, user and password are set and I
can test the connection there. The servers are running on each localhost, so
no port settings necessary and all permissions are set.
I think the issue is really that - see posted details - digikam is sending an
empty entry for user in its request to connect to the database. I am
absolutely new to mysql so I don't know whether that is correct or not.
The only thing I am not sure about is the version of digikam when I set it up
on the first computer, but it probably was not 5.5.0, more likely 5.0 or 5.1,
so maybe a bug slipped in there in 5.5?

Alex

Am Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2017, 19:57:38 CEST schrieb Gilles Caulier:

> your server run properly on server ?
>
> your server port is open the network ?
>
> You have enough right to read DB tables ?
>
> We have explain a lots of details here :
>
> https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-setup.html#u
> sing-setup-database
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2017-05-25 19:29 GMT+02:00 Alexander Linkenbach <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have changed from sqlite mysql with digikam 5.5.0 which went well on
> > machine #1. However on two other computers digkam does not seem to send
> > the
> > set user name when trying to connect:
> >
> > digikam.general: Database Parameters:
> >   Type:                     "QMYSQL"
> >   DB Core Name:             "digikam"
> >   DB Thumbs Name:           "digikam"
> >   DB Face Name:             "digikam"
> >   Connect Options:          ""
> >   Host Name:                "localhost"
> >   Host port:                3306
> >   Internal Server:          false
> >   Internal Server Path:     ""
> >   Internal Server Serv Cmd: ""
> >   Internal Server Init Cmd: ""
> >   Username:                 "alex"
> >   Password:                 ""
> >
> > digikam.dbengine: Error while opening the database. Error details [
> > QSqlError("1044", "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Access denied for user
> > ''@'localhost' to database 'digikam'") ]
> >
> >
> >
> > please note the user name is empty no matter what I set in the digikam
> > settings.
> >
> >
> >
> > Can anyone explain this?
> >
> >
> >
> > Alex


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: problem connecting to database

Alexander Linkenbach
Giles, looking at the doc you referenced:
> > We have explain a lots of details here :
> >
> > https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-setup.html
> > #u sing-setup-database
I see that there is a choice between internal or external mysql server, but in
the settings dialogue I only find sqlite and mysql (experimental). Am I looking
at the wrong dialogue or has this been changed?
Alex


> >
> > Gilles Caulier
> >
> > 2017-05-25 19:29 GMT+02:00 Alexander Linkenbach <[hidden email]>:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have changed from sqlite mysql with digikam 5.5.0 which went well on
> > > machine #1. However on two other computers digkam does not seem to send
> > > the
> > > set user name when trying to connect:
> > >
> > > digikam.general: Database Parameters:
> > >   Type:                     "QMYSQL"
> > >   DB Core Name:             "digikam"
> > >   DB Thumbs Name:           "digikam"
> > >   DB Face Name:             "digikam"
> > >   Connect Options:          ""
> > >   Host Name:                "localhost"
> > >   Host port:                3306
> > >   Internal Server:          false
> > >   Internal Server Path:     ""
> > >   Internal Server Serv Cmd: ""
> > >   Internal Server Init Cmd: ""
> > >   Username:                 "alex"
> > >   Password:                 ""
> > >
> > > digikam.dbengine: Error while opening the database. Error details [
> > > QSqlError("1044", "QMYSQL: Unable to connect", "Access denied for user
> > > ''@'localhost' to database 'digikam'") ]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > please note the user name is empty no matter what I set in the digikam
> > > settings.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Alex


signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...