[digikam] [Bug 381386] New: Failed to update the database schema from version 7 to version 8.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[digikam] [Bug 381386] New: Failed to update the database schema from version 7 to version 8.

bugzilla_noreply
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381386

            Bug ID: 381386
           Summary: Failed to update the database schema from version 7 to
                    version 8.
           Product: digikam
           Version: 5.6.0
          Platform: Other
                OS: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: Database-Migration
          Assignee: [hidden email]
          Reporter: [hidden email]
  Target Milestone: ---

Created attachment 106164
  --> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=106164&action=edit
console output

I had Digikam (4.4 and earlier) use an external MySQL database (though marked
experimental)... and now I'm facing update problems. It does not work with
DigiKam 5.4 (from Kubuntu 17.04), and the problem seems to be the same with
DigiKam 5.6, started from digikam-5.6.0-01-x86-64.appimage.

Actually the AppImage seemed to introduce a new problem: it is trying to
connect to MySQL through /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock, although on Ubuntu the
socket is under /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock - I changed it for testing
purposes.

I tried manual DB fixes also, as described in #373605. The commands found 23
problematic entries in 4 tables.

I can still start DigiKam 4.4 under Debian (old stable), but in there the
Database Migration dialogue does not work... so I wonder how I'm going to get
my database converted to the current DigiKam standard.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
Loading...